GSi ECHO B2
is the digital recreation of a particular unit of Binson Echorec B2 mod. T5E from 1965. This unit, despite being so old, still has its original tubes and has had very little service in the last 30 years. We don't know how this unit sounded when it was new, but this is how it sounds today, in 2022.
It has to be said that the Echorec B2, despite being less famous than its big brother the Echorec 2, shares with it the same magnetic drum, the same magnetic heads,
same mechanism and pretty much the same circuitry, practically the same sound in a more compact unit.
There are several sources of information about vintage Echorecs, this is the Echorec Bible
The plugin features all controls found on the original unit, plus 4 extra knobs for adjusting the alignment of each head (aka Azimuth on tape machines), one extra knob to slow down the drum motor up to half the normal speed (to obtain doubled delay times) and one last knob to adjust the level of audible circuit hiss.
Demo with electric guitar.
- Faithfull reproduction of a vintage unit, including all its pros and cons
- All original 12 Pick-up Head combinations available
- Head alignment for each head
- Drum motor speed allow up to double the delay time
- Adjustable background circuit hiss
- Complete MIDI control with user mapping
- Available as Standalone and Plugin for Windows, Mac OS and iOS (iPad only)
- Embedded user's manual
ECHO B2 is available in the following formats:
- for Windows: VST2 x64, VST3 x64, Standalone x64
- for Mac OS: VST2 x64, VST3 x64, Audio Unit x64, Standalone x64
- for iOS (iPad Only): Standalone App with IAA support, AUv3 plugin
- any Windows computer running Windows 7, 10, 11 x64
- ASIO compatible sound card for low latency performance
- Intel or Apple Silicon Mac (this product is native UB2)
- Mac OS version 10.11 or greater
- check device compatibility in App Store