MrTramp2 is the sequel of GSi's previous plugin “MrTramp”, a physical modeling simulation of the soulful Wurlitzer(TM) 200A Electric Piano. What's different in this new version? Firstly, it's not compiled in SynthEdit any more, is fully programmed in C++ so is now also available for Mac OSX in both VST and AU formats; secondly, it takes way less CPU and RAM; furthermore, this is not the exact same algorithm as used in the previous MrTramp, this is a new revised formula which
gives more 'bite' on the lower octaves and more 'body' on the high notes (99% same code used in KeyPerformer).
– Velocity (CC #17): adjusts the velocity response, use this in accordance to your MIDI controller's settings to find
the best action response;
– Hardness (CC #16): adjusts the hardness of the virtual “reeds”;
– Tremolo (CC #1): turns on/off and adjusts the amount of tremolo, with a fixed frequency of 6 Hz, triangle
– Tone (CC #10): a low pass filter, use this to brighten or darken the sound;
– Volume (CC #7): guess what?...
System Requirements and Installation
MrTramp2 is a VST plugin for Windows and OSX and a AU generator for OSX.
Under Windows, copy the file MrTramp2.DLL to your VSTPlugins folder and let your host scan for new plugins.
Under OSX, copy the file MrTramp2.vst in [MacintoshHD]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST and the file
MrTramp2.component in [MacintoshHD]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Component and let your host scan for new plugins.
Minimum computer configuration required
– A Windows PC or Mac OSX (10.4+) with at least a 2000 Mhz CPU with 512 Mb of RAM and 5 Mb of free disk space.
MrTramp2 is FREEWARE. It's supplied "AS IS", there is no warranty and no technical support. You can use it in your
commercial music projects without limitations, redistribute it under any form (web, magazine...) at NO charge
provided the original archive is not altered. It is fully functional under all of its aspects and no limitations of any
kind are applied. The author may not be held responsible for whatever may result as a consequence of its usage.
Copyright info: the name "Wurlitzer(TM)" is only used for reference purposes.